Nesta, in collaboration with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and the World Bank, are pleased to invite you to the IGL Global Conference ‘Making Innovation and Growth Policy Work’.
Who’s it for?
The conference is designed for policy makers, practitioners, and researchers who want to learn about the latest programmes and understand how becoming more experimental will lead to more impactful policies.
What will it include?
We will showcase some of the latest trends and cutting-edge ideas in innovation and growth policy, and discuss how to develop and support these in practice.
At a time of tight budgets we need new ways to support innovation and entrepreneurship that deliver impact. Better use of experiments, evidence and the latest thinking are key ways to make this happen.
What will you take from the event?
- Find out about the next generation of innovation and entrepreneurship support policies.
- Improve the capabilities for experimentation in your organisation.
- Meet with world-leading experts in this emerging field.
- Learn how randomised trials can help your organisation increase its impact.
- Discover how some of the most successful innovation agencies organise themselves to deliver and achieve impact.
- Take part in practical workshops to learn about new tools and methods to support innovation and growth.
- Hear from leading thinkers on the latest research and evidence.
- Help shape future work by contributing your unique insights, developing new opportunities for collaboration.
- Grow your organisation’s network by joining a global community of like-minded policy makers and researchers, with confirmed participants from over 20 countries in 5 different continents.
Who will be there?
Some of the most influential experts working in this space, with over 40 speakers including:
- Dan Breznitz, Co-director of the Innovation Policy Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- Iqbal Dhaliwal, Deputy Director and Global Head of Policy, J-PAL at MIT
- Karim Lakhani, Associate Professor and Principal Investigator, Crowd Innovation Lab and NASA Tournament Lab, Harvard Business School
- Ilona Lundström, Executive Director, Tekes
- Göran Marklund, Deputy Director General, VINNOVA
- David McKenzie, Lead Economist, World Bank
- Andres Zahler, Head of Innovation, Chilean Ministry of Economy
To download the full agenda click here.
The conference is organised by Nesta in collaboration with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and the World Bank.
For more information and to book a place please go to the NESTA website.