This event has passed.
About the event
- Do you believe that your research has commercial potential?
- Are you considering commercial impact of your ideas?
- Come and join us for a lunch time session designed to familiarise you with the intricacies of protecting the University Intellectual Property.
This seminar will be an excellent opportunity to hear from Mark Milhench, Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and Managing Director on First Thought IP, and ask him questions about how intellectual property produced by you and your colleagues can be effectively managed.
Benefits of patenting
- Kudos in a similar vein to a publication
- Possibility to use the patent to attract further funding for research contracts from third parties
- Potential for generating personal income from commercialisation of your idea
- Impact case study for the next REF.
Areas of focus
The focus will be on the practical aspects of protecting innovations, including:
- Mechanisms for protecting your ideas and inventions, and benefits of doing so
- Identifying the relevant intellectual property rights
- Understanding the various options for protection
- Understanding subsequent exploitation.
- Who should attend?
The seminar is suitable for anyone involved in creating or commercialising research.
For more information and if you wish to attend click here.