This event has passed.
IC tomorrow is hosting a free games industry workshop on Thursday 19 June in London, to support commercial and business development skills needed in today’s competitive market. This event will see many of the UK’s leading experts share knowledge and will enable developers to meet games publishers and investors.
This workshop is aimed towards enhancing your commercial and marketing skills as well as giving you the chance to meeting investors, platform holders and get industry contacts.
The workshop will contain the following sessions:
- Building an Effective Business Case: advice on how to think through, model and present a business case in written form. This is an essential skill in attracting finance from any investor and for funding from public agencies.
- Public Funding for Games Developers: a look at available funding for games companies from public agencies, including Technology Strategy Board initiatives, Creative Skillset and UKTI.
- Private Finance for Games Developers: a group of games publishers and games investors will present advice and discuss how to best secure publishing deals and investment in games and games businesses.
- Pitch Perfect: whether it’s from public of private sources a strong in-person pitch can be make or break. This session will feature publishers and investors that have been pitched to hundreds of times, and entrepreneurs that have learned the art of the pitch. Volunteers for a 1 minute pitch will be welcome.
- Games Marketing for Indies: having secured funding and developed your game the challenge is getting your game discovered. The session includes advice on strategies from using social media to build a community to use of sophisticated user acquisition.
Find out more about the workshop and register through _connect. The deadline for registrations is 12pm on Tuesday 18 June.