This event has passed.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is holding a user event on the 28th January 2016. The event will be a chance for you to tell us what you want from the statistics and hear about the developments we are considering. We will also present the latest economic estimates statistics.
The agenda is as follows:
13:00 Arrivals & Refreshments
13:30 Welcome, Mary Gregory, Head of Statistics, DCMS
13:35 Introduction by Ed Vaizey, Minister for Culture and the Digital Economy
13:40 Overview of Creative Industries Economic Estimates, Dr Niall Goulding
14:00 Industry perspectives – Will Page, Director of Economics, Spotify
14:45 Creative Industries statistics development (discussion)
15:30 Official Statistics – Ed Humpherson, Director General for Regulation, UK Statistics Authority
15:40 Panel Q & A:
Moderator: Diane Coyle, Professor of Economics, University of Manchester
- Ed Humpherson, Director General for Regulation, UK Statistics Authority
- Gwyn Owen, Head of Creative Economy, DCMS
- Mary Gregory, Head of Statistics, DCMS
- Hasan Bakhshi, Director, Creative Economy in Policy & Research, Nesta
- Will Page, Director of Economics, Spotify
16:30 Summary and next steps, Mary Gregory, DCMS
Click here to register for this event.