This event has passed.
This event will be delivered by qLegal, Queen Mary University of London legal clinic providing free legal advice and resources to tech startups and entrepreneurs in the UK.
This workshop and panel will be of interest to:
- Charities and community groups
- Individuals who have a disability
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups who are working on technology to assist individuals who have a disability
- Academics and policy makers
- Law, tech, social work, medical and politics students
- Everyone else
qLegal Student Advisers will present a high level legal workshop on common legal issues for startups to consider when launching their business.
We’ll have short demos from:
Selwyn Lloyd, Founder and CEO of Audazzle, a startup producing video games for visually impaired children and Mazz Eliza Awan, PhD, MD, Orthoptist-SRO, Founder and CEO of Clearview Med., a company that support parents and children going through eye surgery.
Panel – get your questions ready
Our panel of guests will then discuss access and supporting in the tech sector, how tech is addressing some of the challenges disabled individuals face and what the future holds.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Pedro Phinn, Project Manager at Employment Works, East London Business Alliance, a social charity which facilitates corporate involvement in community organisations, education and employment across East London boroughs.
- Anna Hyde, Partner at Bethnal Green Ventures, an incubator which focuses on early stage start-ups with a social impact.
- Selwyn Lloyd, Founder and CEO of Audazzle, a startup producing video games for visually impaired children.
- Tony Stockman, Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London in Human Computer Interaction, Auditory Displays and Data sonification. President of International Community For Auditory Display since 2011.
This event is free but prior booking is required. Register online via Eventbrite.